Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's a one kicker !!!

Here it is running, all by it's self.



Try as we might Brian and I could not get the bike running last night, it started a few times, and fired a bunch, but it wouldn't stay running.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID,

So I had this completely dreadful thought while I was driving home tonight. I am pretty careful in the work that I do, and being careful, I packed the intake with paper towels so nothing would get in while working on the bike. During the last month, I vaguely remember mocking up the carbs to see what they would look like, But in my haste to get it running, this week, I some how forgot to unpack the intakes. I am no genius about motors, but I really don't think any engine will run with the intake blocked.

Long story short, I fixed the problem and kicked it a few times, after I tightened up the throttle sleeve for some added security and it was running for short bursts.... Good news. So I figured I needed to have a constant flow of fuel, I reattached the tank, that was the ticket. and now it starts on one kick. My poor bruised leg is really thanking me for that.

It shook loose a bunch of bolts, so I have some puttin' back together to do. That is why the call 'em bone shakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment